Halloween '09 - A Coffin for Niece Devin

Okay a macabre post title I know, but let me explain. Last Halloween my niece really got into scaring Trick or Treaters and giving out the candy. So much so that, she became official smoke machine operator as they approached when not literally, at times, pushing me out of the electric chair so she could sit there and try to scare them.

At the end of the evening we talked about some ideas to do this year that would work her into the fun. Well, I hear, being a vampire is a front runner as a costume so far. I was thinking... a collection of stacked coffins near the walk. One with a decayed top, hinged like saloon doors would be great for her to hide in and pop out at folks.

I'm going to leave this project on the back burner though. With my luck she'll decide to be some Disney princess that morning.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I love the insight into your thought process. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But how fun would that be?! A stack of coffins, your niece jumping out at people...good times, man, good times. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the coolest Uncle, ever, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno, Dave.... those Disney Princesses can be awfully scary....... !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, as usual. Looking at your sketches for the upcoming Halloween fills me with excitement as I always love looking at your yard displays, and also fills me with panic since I haven't given any thought on what I'M doing this year, and time is slipping away at an alarming rate.

    ReplyDelete