59 Days 'til Halloween - Building a UFO: Part One


If you've followed this blog for awhile, you know I've been wanting to place a crashed flying saucer on the roof for years. Believe it or not, I worked it into my evolving Halloween display backstory a long time ago, but more about that down the line. 

Last year, with the help of niece Devin and my brother's girlfriend Leah, we actually started to build it. Unfortunately, during some heavy rains, the fiancee and I discovered our roof was leaking and needed serious repair. Not the best time to place props up there. So I abandoned the UFO project.

This year, with the roof all fixed and still plenty of build time, it's my primary new prop project and have dedicated Labor Day weekend to it's creation.

When we last left off almost 12 months ago, it had a good start with a fun retro-future feel.


Today, having been shoved into a corner and forgotten about, it's looking pretty beat up.


Part two soon (later tonight probably). In the meantime... watch the skies!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. This is going to be seriously cool! Can't wait for the updates.

    ReplyDelete