8 Days 'Til Halloween - Creepy Graveyard Details


My niece Devin came over to help decorate yesterday. We decided to add extra details like creepy weeds and moss dangling from the chains in the graveyard. It was turning out pretty good for being on the cheap with what I had in the material stash. I thought it would make a simple tip to share and write a "how to" about later. To my surprise though, while getting some video of the work in progress, Devin explained the project far better than I could ever type it. I think she may be watching too many shows on HGTV and Food Network.

So please welcome niece Devin as my very special "how to" expert guest for the day....




She did most of the work herself, from cutting the raffia and mixing the paint wash, to placing all the details just right with her growing artistic eye. I'm one lucky uncle to have such talented help.



7 comments:

  1. If I had been able to have kids, I would have wanted one like Dev. Too cute, and certainly a haunter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devin is AWESOME! Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that was cute. And, she did a great job of explaining everything.

    The hanging raffia is a good idea! I bought some a few weeks ago to make a couple of voodoo dolls, and I have a bunch left over. I think I'll experiment with it next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. charming! she will make both a talented artist and smashing newscaster one day! thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A STAR IS BORN!!!!!!!!!WOW AWESOME DEVIN. HOPE THIS IS THE FIRST OF MANY. DO SOME TOGETHER ALSO. THAT WOULD BE GREAT FUN TO SEE.XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such ease on camera. Dave I am sure you will be designing a set for Devin's tv show one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really great! The camera crew needs a little help, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete