'08 Halloween #23: Cary Grant?


If you made a list of the best Halloween movies to watch this month...would a Cary Grant film be on it? One should be. The 1944 classic "Arsenic and Old Lace". It often falls under the radar this time of year. It's one of the funniest and most charming films I've ever seen and never get tired of watching. Many of the best jokes come out of good scares and dark moments thanks to Raymond Massey and Peter Lorre. I won't bore you with too many words. Just trust me. If you've never seen it, track it down this October.

The movie's fantastic title card illustrations...

6 comments:

  1. Great post. I love those title cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This truly is one of my Halloween favorites, I never tire of it!

    I have the colorised version that came out years ago on video, and I wish they would release this on DVD colorised. I know, that sounds blasphemous, but it's really quite colorful and those credit scenes are beautiful in full color. I can't watch the video now on my bigscreen HD tv, so I guess I'll have to break down and get the b&w DVD just so i can start watching it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Thanks for the recommendation and Happy Halloween!

    Johnny Love
    www.LoveManor.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great film.
    Oddly enough, I've never related it to Halloween, though. I guess I forgot when it takes place.
    Thanks for putting up the the title cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this movie! I still get a kick out of the aunts passing whole pies and carved pumpkins out through the kitchen window for Trick or Treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this movie. I have watched it more times than I can count! And I love the black and white orginal version, I did see the color version on T.V. years ago, and it was really neat. You notice details you never noticed before.

    ReplyDelete