2008 Halloween Countdown #1

So it begins...

I know what your thinking...it's not even August yet. For me though, I've set a start date to begin creating Halloween props and decor for my yard haunt on August 1st. It gives me 2 months to make new stuff and improve old things for when I dress the yard in October.

Truth is, it's 2 months of selfish, creative bliss I'm looking forward to, spending a couple of hours in the workshop every evening (more time on weekends). Sure, I could make stuff (and do) any time of the year, but focusing the Halloween work into a certain time frame makes it special.

I'm going to try and make the countdown posts this year a real journal of the process. From concepts to the kid's trick or treating on the big night. I hope this to be interesting, interactive and plain fun to read for any of you who follow along. They'll be "how to's", tips, tricks, ideas and links to other great stuff on the web. Best of all, I guarantee sordid tales of expected creative trial and error so you can laugh at my pain.

My usual random posting will continue. I'll be adding a special sidebar to the blog linking to all the Halloween posts in case some get buried in between non holiday stuff.

NEXT: I need your help!

2 comments:

  1. I think the Frankenstein theme is by far the coolest as well as the one that your guests will be delighted by. (I have a young daughter, and I abhor the chainsaw massacre theme that others associate with Halloween.) This one requires some creativity and thought, and one that will delight both young and old. An idea: Try lighting things with Christmas lights and using acrylic items to give it an eerie glow.

    Good luck! I can' wait to see the finished set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a big fan of the
    "chain saw massacre" extreme gore decorating at Halloween myself.

    ReplyDelete