I've had a regular character on the lawn these many years...the ghost bride. The original was a old broken mannequin acquired through my Mom who was working at Robinson May Dept. store way back when.
I sold her at a garage sale when offered a hard to pass up price. It was regretted the next year. I replaced her with a cheap styrofoam head on a stake draped in fabric. A simple thing but worked.
Last year, I found a whole mannequin to use late in my decorating. I cut out the eyes, inserted a light and just covered in cloth, but looked better than a foam head on a stake.
This year, I'm taking some time to detail her better. She's a work in progress at the moment and hope to have her on the lawn by Sunday.