Form over Function

A couple of years back with the help of friends Andri, Damon and Jason, I converted the shed/storage room off the garage into a small home office/art studio.


We put up drywall and installed a door to connect it to the garage, so I could do really messy work in there.


It's a great space except for one thing...I replaced the dirty ceiling panels with corrugated tin sheets for a cool look. Not so cool when it's 100+ outside. I built an oven.


When we put the ceiling in, It was a rainy winter so it was quite comfortable. Come summer I realized my mistake. Last summer I got a portable air conditioner and that was OK. This summer has been fairly mild so just a fan was perfect... until this week. Guess what broke down when I went to plug it in? UGH.

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to have to put in something different? It is kind of funny though - the oven part. I worked in a restaurant once where the ceiling was metal tile - supposed to look old timey - and it got really loud!

    No roasted Dave for me, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. megan jeffery9/06/2007 8:58 AM

    Are you planning on any side dishes to go along with you as the main course?
    My sister is in Anaheim and her landlord won't allow a/c to be turned on! Like: whaaaaa?!?

    ReplyDelete